Camerfirma and Infocert have a strong presence in the Latin American market
Camerfirma, an Infocert group company, has achieved a new milestone that reinforces their position as the leading digital trust service provider in Latin America. Their investee company, Camerfirma Colombia, has been accredited by Colombia’s National Accreditation Agency (ONAC) as a Certification Body, and is now a part of the select group of companies to obtain this accreditation. This achievement places Camerfirma Colombia in a key position to support the company’s strategy to become a leading digital trust service provider, which is paramount to the transformation of the business processes of companies established in the continent.
As a result, they will be able to carry out the following digital certification services in Colombia:
- Issuing of digital certificates of natural persons in local and/or centralised devices (including activities such as the issuing of certificates relating to electronic or digital signatures of natural or legal persons, verification certificates regarding alterations between the sending and receiving of data messages and transferable electronic documents; and the provision of, or ability to facilitate, data generation services for the creation of electronic signatures)
- Issuing of digital certificates of power of attorney
- Issuing of digital certificates of public function
- Issuing of digital certificates of company membership
- Issuing of digital certificates of legal representative
- Issuing of certificates for digital signatures
- Chronological stamping service
- Generation of digital signatures
- Generation of certified electronic signatures
- Certified e-mail
For more information about the accreditation, please visit this link: http://onac.org.co/certificados/19-ECD-001.pdf
In addition, Camerfirma Colombia will distribute Infocert group solutions already established in Europe, such as the signature flow management platform “Go Sign” or TOP, a tool specialising in onboarding processes and the signing of digital contracts.
Camerfirma Colombia has also announced the appointment of Héctor José García Santiago as Executive Chairman of this office. A lawyer, he graduated from the Pontifical Xavierian University, with a specialisation in Public Finance and he has a Masters in Administrative Law from El Rosario University; He has a Masters in Computer Law and new ICTs from the Externado University of Colombia.
Mr. García is an expert in Open Government and Electronic Administration with training at the Complutense University of Madrid and in digital cities at the National University of La Plata, Argentina. He also specialises in digital transformation processes, with studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). At present, he is the Academic Director of the Government and ICT Observatory of the School of Government and Public Ethics – of the Pontifical Xavierian University. He is also a member of the ICONTEC Information Security Standardisation Committee.
Camerfirma, the main eIDAS qualified certification authority in Spain, forms part of the first pan-European QTSP led by InfoCert, in which Luxtrust is also a participant. This group has strong institutional roots and focuses on regulatory compliance in particular. Their goal is to create a digital champion in the trust service market. The Infocert group has offices in 9 countries of Europe and Latin America.
For more information, please check the website of Camerfirma Colombia, https://camerfirma.co/